Join in the 2.6 Challenge with us!
We hope you and your family and friends are all keeping safe and well in these difficult times. We were sad to have to cancel all the activities, trips and fundraising events we had planned over the Summer and the activity leaders are missing seeing you all! But it is important that we all remain at home for the time being.
It’s a difficult time for charities and to try and continue our fundraising efforts in the next few weeks, we would like to invite you to take part in the 2.6 Challenge – you might have heard about it already. It is a way to support all UK charities and the more that can be raised for Lollipop by doing the 2.6 Challenge the more funds we will receive to support us. It is a fun and easy way to spend time at home and will also contribute to good causes! The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon.
Which inventive ways can you think of to raise money that involve the number 2.6 or 26?
If you do not feel like a challenge right now, can you donate £2.60, £26 or whatever you can afford to the cause?
Here is the link to our fundraising campaign page.
Why are we asking you to join in the 2.6 Challenge with us?
As a result of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, Lollipop have had to cancel all sessions and activities for the next few months. In addition, all our fundraising events for the next 6 months have also, understandably, been cancelled. We know we’re not alone – charities across the UK are losing billions of pounds in fundraising income over the next 6 months and the challenge is a great way to support charities that are close to your heart.
What is the 2.6 Challenge?
The idea of the 2.6 Challenge is to take part in an activity of your choice, based around the numbers 2.6 or 26, and fundraise or donate to support Lollipop. You can be as creative as you like with your activity! People all across the UK will be taking part. Most people are taking part from Sunday 26 April, but you can do your activity whenever works best for you over the next few weeks.
It’s really important to remember when taking part in the challenge that you follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. You’ll find information below on how to join in, as well as some ideas we’ve come up with to help you get started.
The team here at Lollipop are going to be taking part too and we’ll be sharing on our social media.
We hope you’ll join us!
How to join in
- Invent your 2.6 challenge! See the ideas below for some inspiration!
- Visit our 2.6 Challenge web page (opens a new tab) to donate or set up your own fundraising page
- Complete your challenge
- Send your photos and videos to us via email to Becky firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Lollipop in your social media photos
Some ideas to get you started
You can do whatever you want as part of the 2.6 Challenge. The key thing is that it involves the numbers 2 and 6 and that you have a lot of fun!
Here are some of our suggestions for things you could do:
- You could sign the BSL alphabet in 26 seconds whilst wearing 26 pieces of clothing
- You could learn 26 new BSL signs for different animals/places/theme of your choice
- You could use sign language for 2.6 hours (2 hours and 36 minutes!) or 26 hours
- You could do 2 or 6 TikTok challenges
- You could bake 26 delicious cupcakes or biscuits decorated with icing finger spellings
- You could try 26 new foods
- You could make up a new dance with 26 moves and teach it to your family
- You could choose your 26 favourite Lego pieces and make a model out of them
Whatever you do, make it something you find fun and let us know what you do!
Donate or start your 2.6 Challenge fundraising for Lollipop here!